Previously known as RedBeat Ventures that was launched in 2018, AirAsia Digital is the rebranded digital venture arm of AirAsia Group. AirAsia Digital leverages the Group’s physical and digital assets to create an ecosystem of businesses that connect with our customers in their everyday life, transforming the AirAsia brand into a fully-fledged digital company – now much more than just an airline.
AirAsia Digital integrates the Group’s continued innovation focus and business building expertise, best-in-breed technology solutions, talent development programmes and big data insights, for travel and lifestyle businesses to thrive in Asean. It is focused on developing, incubating and accelerating companies that have the potential to:
- a) maximise revenue or generate new revenue streams sustainably;
- b) better manage costs through increased efficiencies and productivity; or
- c) enhance the customers’ experience.
AirAsia Digital comprises three main pillars, namely Venture Builder, RedBeat Academy and Data Centre.
Venture Builder is where AirAsia Digital incubates and grows strategic businesses, some of which are spin-offs from AirAsia’s business units. The three focus areas are:
2) Logistics & e-commerce
3) Financial Services
There are currently five (5) portfolio companies, namely:
- AirAsia.com: Platform for travel and lifestyle products with the aim to become an everyday super app
- Teleport: Cross-border logistics operations encompassing freight, delivery and e-commerce
- BigPay: Fintech company focusing on payment solutions, remittance, lending as well as a soon-to-be financial marketplace/virtual bank
- BIGLIFE: One of the biggest loyalty programmes in Asean with a comprehensive travel and lifestyle ecosystem
- Santan: Farm-to-table concept for Asean fast-food serving AirAsia’s popular inflight meals with numerous franchise outlets in development
RedBeat Academy is a training centre that was formed in collaboration with Google to train and produce a steady pool of software engineers, data scientists and other digital experts to fill and boost the talent gaps in Asean.
Data Centre is a data consultancy department that provides a range of services including data governance, data engineering as well as various types of analytics – descriptive, diagnostics, predictive and prescriptive, with the aim to assist companies to make more informed data analytics decisions.
Aireen Omar, President (AirAsia Digital), AirAsia Group
Aireen Omar joined AirAsia in 2006 initially as the Director of Corporate Finance and was promoted to become the CEO of AirAsia Berhad in 2012. In 2017, she was appointed to head up RedBeat Ventures (now AirAsia Digital), as well as being responsible for the Digital and Technology portfolio where she oversees group-wide initiatives to transform AirAsia into a global, cloud-driven product and online platform-based company, while ensuring synergies between the airline and digital businesses of AirAsia. Her previous experience includes working for Deutsche Bank in New York and London as well as Maybank, the largest banking and financial services group in Malaysia.
For more information, please click here: https://newsroom.airasia.com/news/aa-digital-fs